Tuesday, September 01, 2015

BLOGTEMBER DAY 1: Hello, My Name Is _______

Hi everyone! Over the past few months I've really been struggling for inspiration to blog about. Do I just make commentary posts for every YouTube video I post? Do I stalk Pinterest boards for 101 Blogging Idea pins? Or how about live blogging the Pretty Little Liars finale?

Enter the Blog-tember 2015 Challenge.




I was scrolling through Instagram when I found the hashtag #blogtemberchallenge and followed it to bailyjrobert and her braveloveblog. I always love a good social media challenge. My tumblr was 98% 30 Day Challenges for the first six months and I started Instagram to do the 30 Day Instagram Challenge, which eventually led to #100happydays. Now, two of the things I have under control in my life is my tumblr and Instagram accounts. My blogspot blog... Not so much. But I really want to. 

So for the month of September I will try my best to do every one of the blogging prompts provided by the Blog-tember Challenge. I am so excited to interact with everyone else doing the challenge and anyone who reads my posts! If you'd like to check out the challenge and the prompts for each day, they're available here: http://www.braveloveblog.com/2015/08/the-2015-blog-tember-challenge.html?m=1.

Today is the first day of the challenge, September 1st 2015. I am currently camping with no computer until tomorrow evening so today's post will be light on pictures and links but throughout the challenge I hope to improve upon my blogging game in general, so please let me know if there's anything you think I can do to make my blog more appealing either aesthetically or otherwise!

Tuesday, September 1st, 2015: Introduce yourself however you like! Pics, collage, vlog, your choice! 

One thing that gives me a lot of anxiety is ice-breaker games, no matter where they are or how necessary they may be. I usually end up saying something random like how I hate potatoes or that I love to bake but don't really like cookies. So I am not great at introductions, but I'll give this a shot!

-My name is Adrianna Mary-Anne. I actually never use my last name on social media because, like Tigger, I am the only one (internet safety, boys and girls). This week is my last week of summer vacation before I go back to University where I am working towards a bachelors degree in English Literature. 

-I live in Vancouver, Canada and have for my whole life. I think I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and am very proud to be from this country. My mom moved here from Ireland as a nanny and met my dad, so I am half Irish (which makes hating potatoes more ironic haha).

-My dream is to be a published novelist. Right now the closest I have to that is an incomplete 104,000 word Digimon fanfiction, my 2012 NaNoWriMo project and a "novel" I wrote when I was thirteen that I printed out and handed around my grade eight class for everyone to read. Baby steps, right?

-I am currently in my favourite place in the world with my parents, youngest brother and boyfriend of almost seven years. My brother is currently teaching my boyfriend and dad how to play Magic The Gathering and my mom is playing the Frozen version of Bejewelled on her iPad. We have had weeks of insanely hot weather but on Saturday there was a huge storm that left us without power for a day and now it's been raining ever since. 



-Two weeks ago I cut off eighteen inches of hair to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I am still getting used to having short hair again, and right now that means having it in a teeny, tiny ponytail.


-I am really passionate about social media and sharing the different facets of my life with people around the world  as I get to learn about them and theirs. I'm excited about this challenge and the opportunities it may bring!

- A year ago I made a video sharing 50 facts about myself, including the frog I kissed, my obnoxious Sims 2 family (the addiction is so real), and my favourite Disney princess! If you'd like to watch it, it's available here: http://youtu.be/hPiK5QrKTMU .

Thanks so much for reading this first post and I look forward to the rest of this challenge! 

-Adrianna.





8 comments:

  1. Hey, came over here through the blogtember link up! Its always great to find another Canadian here in the blogging world!

    Can't wait to keep up with you throughout the rest of the month! :)

    www.iwriteaboutyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, same here! I'm so glad to see another Canadian on here! I can't wait to see your take on Blogtember and get to know you through here! :)

      Delete
  2. Two things: 1. I've always wanted to visit beautiful Vancouver
    2. I'm so glad to find someone who also hates ice breaker games- they are literally the worst!!

    Nice to "meet" you via the Blogtember challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria! Thanks so much for commenting and reading my post!
      Two things back:
      1. You should definitely come visit Vancouver... it's definitely one of a kind!
      2. Oh good haha I'm so glad I'm not alone on that one!

      Nice to "meet" you too!!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks so cute short! (and long! haha) I've almost always had shoulder-length hair and love it because it's so easy! Can't wait to read more from you during Blogtember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah! When I saw you commented I laughed because I totally creeped through your social media when I joined the challenge... that sounds so weird haha! Thanks so much for commenting and your super kind words :)

      Delete
  4. You've done NaNoWriMo?! Way to go! I've always wanted to but never had the courage. Excited to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachel!! You totally should! :)

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig