Sunday, June 15, 2014

So, I guess this is a blog?

I am a social media junkie.

I started in grade five when the new girl, Hannah, told me about this website they used to play at her old school. And thus, digigirl91 was the newest user on Neopets.com.

Then came MSN Messenger, VirtualZoo, a terrifying stint in the chat site world (boy, do I have stories to tell!), Maple Story (not really social media but we'll slide it in here), GaiaOnline, Deviantart, Livejournal, a very confused day of MySpace, Nexopia, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest...

The list goes on.

Ever since I made my first online digital pet (Cuddley21358 is still dying somewhere in Neopia), I've been chronically looking for a space. I used the forums on Neopets more than the giant omelette, was given a hard time by my brothers for trying to make friends instead of killing slime bubbles on Maple Story, and discovered that not everyone was using the 'Girls Only' online chat room to talk to their friends that lived three blocks away. I like talking to people. I like talking. Hopefully someone is listening, but usually I'll just talk anyway.

My first blog was on Nexopia. It was a little function on the side of everyone's profile where the majority of people did those quizzes... You know:
1. What is your favourite colour?
2. What is the first pink object you see?
3. Who is your best friend?

And so forth. Nexopia later became banned at our high school and then slowly but surely everyone joined the Facebook bandwagon instead. I later made a Tumblr to transfer all my quizzes over onto something kind of relevant. A monster was created.

So no, my Nexopia blog was not a true blog aside from the occasional rant post. Now, my fandom-overrun Tumblr is probably even less so.

It's now twelve years since I faxed in my parent permission form to Neopets and I'm still glued to a screen, wanting to talk to strangers that are interested in what I have to say. I'm still not quite sure what exactly that is, but I'll figure it out as I go along. Hopefully you'll be along for the ride in case I figure it out.

Adrianna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig